Following are the Rules for completing Mandatory Non-Credit Courses (MNC):
- Students are required to do a total of FIVE courses out of which, Induction program, Extra Academic Activity – I and II in the First year are compulsory for every student to complete.
- In addition, a student must complete TWO more courses, one from the list of courses in Second year and one from list of courses in Third year by the end of third year.
- These courses may be offered in the Institute and the student has to register for these two courses of his/her interest.
- MNCs are not attached to any department and will be managed by the Academic Section. Any faculty member can teach MNC courses.
- There will be a minimum of 1-hour contact per week.
- The student shall be assessed for awarding satisfactory completion.
- Based on the response from Departments, a list of courses that will be offered by thefaculty in a given semester is announced to the students. Results of MNC courses will be passed in the respective department of the faculty handing the course. Students can register for the same during the academic registration process.
- Students are also permitted to register for these courses in SWAYAM and NPTEL. In such a case, students are required to submit a certificate of Satisfactory completion. The results of these students shall be passed in the respective departments to which the student belong.
- These courses do not carry any credits, but will be reflected in the respective gradesheets.