Minor program is an additional credential a student may earn if she/he does 18 credits worth of additional courses in a discipline other than her/his major discipline of B.Tech. degree. All academic departments in the Institute offer minors in their disciplines, and will prescribe a specific set of courses and/or projects necessary for earning a minor in that discipline.
- Students with a minimum of 7.00 CGPA without any “F” Grade / backlog are only allowed to register for Minor program offered by any other Department.
- Students, satisfying the eligibility requirements may be permitted to do one minor/one honours or two minors or one minor and one Honours.
- Number of credits for earning Minor specialization is 18 with 6 courses or (5 courses + 1 project for 3 credits), as prescribed by that Department.
- Courses for Minor specialization start from 3rd Semester and the student is required to register for one minor specialization course in every semester.
- Minimum and maximum number of students for any Minor specialization is 10 and 60 respectively.
- Students registering for Minor program shall be prepared to write more than one exam in a day.
- After successful completion of the Minor specialization requirements, the student will be awarded a degree in “name of the discipline” with minor specialization in “name of the minor specialization”.